Wisdom Tooth Extraction and Surgery
What is Wisdom Tooth?
The wisdom teeth grow at the back of your gums and are the last teeth to come through. Because of the lack of space, the wisdom teeth can sometimes emerge at an angle or get stuck and only emerge partially.
Why remove my Wisdom Teeth?
When the wisdom teeth have become impacted or haven’t fully broken through the surface of the gum, it can cause dental problems.
- Food and bacteria can get trapped around the edge of the wisdom teeth, causing a build-up of plaque, which can lead to tooth decay, gum diseases, and infections (pericoronitis or cellulitis).
- Untreated impacted wisdom tooth can be damaging to the neighbouring teeth as it can push the surrounding teeth, which can result in pain and/or chewing problem. It may also affect your teeth alignment and you may have to treat it with orthodontics treatment.
- If wisdom teeth are not removed, it may also cause damage your jaw and/or the nerves.
Some of these problems can be treated with treatment such as antibiotics and antiseptic mouthwash. However, when these treatment hasn’t work, removing the wisdom teeth is recommended. Wisdom teeth extraction allows you to relief the pain and discomfort in your mouth as well as preventing any potential dental problems such as shifting teeth alignment.
Is Wisdom Tooth Surgery Medisave Claimable?
Wisdom Tooth Surgery is medisave claimable of up to $1250 per tooth:
- Surgery (Medisave claimable of up to $950)
- Admin fee, consultation, medication, x-ray (Medisave claimable of up to $300)
Our friendly staff is also able to assist you in the medisave claiming process for you dental implant procedure. However, Wisdom Tooth Extraction is not medisave claimable as it is not on oral surgery.
We advise you to consult a dentist to evaluate the condition of your wisdom teeth and the dentist will recommend the proper procedure for you. Depending on the severity of your wisdom teeth, the dentist will recommend you either an extraction procedure or surgical removal.
To know more about wisdom teeth extraction or surgery, please contact us or make an appointment for a consultation with our doctors.