Crowns & Bridges
Dental Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and bridges are classic fixed prostheses, which are cemented onto existing teeth, and can only be removed by a dentist. Sometimes, crowns and bridges are cemented or screwed onto dental implants to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function.
What are Dental Crowns
A crown is used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth for strengthening weakened tooth structure. Dental crown can also be used to improve appearance and shape of tooth as it completely encase the treated tooth.
The different types of crown materials G Dental offers:
- Porcerlain Fused to Metal (PFM Crown) - Natural looking and Strong
- Porcerlain Crown - Natural looking
- Metal Crown - Strong
Why do I need a Dental Crown
There are various instances whereby a dental crown will be suitable or needed:
- To cover a dental implant
- To cover a tooth after Root Canal Treatment
- To prevent the weakening of a tooth
- To restore the appearance of a tooth
What are Dental Bridges
Bridges is a dental restoration that is used to replace one or more missing teeth. They span the space where the teeth are missing. Bridges are cemented to the natural teeth or implants surrounding the empty space. At G Dental, we offers four different kind of bridges:
- Traditional Dental Bridges
- Maryland Dental Bridges
- Implant Supported Bridges
- Cantilever Dental Bridges
If you would like to learn more about these procedures and the differences, please make an appointment for a consultation with our dentists.